Did you know that dogs only have 2 positions in a relationship? These are to lead or to follow. Another way to put this is that your dog is either the dominate or the submissive in the relationship. Are you going to be the dominant and are you going to be this dominant 100% of the time?
Rules, Boundaries, and Limitations: In order to have a pack survive there must be rules, boundaries and limitations, and you MUST keep these rules at all times. You can not let your dog get away with what ever they do one day and not the next day. An example of this would be when I come home to meet the dogs, Abby jumps up to say hi and the first day I don't give her a command to get off but let her jump up on me. The next day when I get home I let her jump up on me but than give her the command to get off and she doesn't. I really can NOT blame her because I am not being steady with my information. I need to make sure every day I come home that Abby doesn't jump up on me at all, letting her know there are rules to when I come home.
Remember that you have to make sure that the rules are fair and the boundaries are set so that you are the pack leader 100% of the time!

No comments:
Post a Comment